Remove towers from infantry only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove towers from infantry only

I had a discussion with some friends regarding the big green towers that are present on all the KOTH maps. When playing infantry only people tend to just camp the towers and remove all the gameplay from the streets where it is supposed to be happening. People tend to stay in the towers and camp. Only peeking when they see someone using thirdperson. I have completely quit playing thirdperson servers because it is literally impossible to do anything but camp behind solid cover and peek over/around objects using thirdperson and only show yourself when the enemy is looking the other way.

Now what the towers do is make the combat focus on long range combat instead of street fighting were you actually have to use skill and quick thinking. The long range combat is repetitive since you are doing the same thing all the time, go to a tower, clear it, start shooting. This repeats all the time since everyone is doing it. If you run around the map you occasionally bump into people but 75% seem to be rushing towers over and over again.

However I think that the middle tower (center of objective) should not be removed since if your team can control it you should have a slight upper hand. Because of the amount of other towers all the players are so spread out in the circle that you hardly see people around the streets fighting on ground level except when shooting at towers.

The thirdperson peeking is not only a problem on infantry only servers. I see guns, hands, arms and whatnot glitching through the tower walls on every non hc server. I dont play hc tho, because it is such a campfest. Everybody is sitting in a house watching the entrance or the staircase and nobody runs around.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossaaa View Post
      The thirdperson peeking is not only a problem on infantry only servers. I see guns, hands, arms and whatnot glitching through the tower walls on every non hc server. I dont play hc tho, because it is such a campfest. Everybody is sitting in a house watching the entrance or the staircase and nobody runs around.
      Your statement makes no sense. Non-HC servers have people sitting behind cover only coming out to shoot, not to actually look for targets since they can just abuse 3rd person for that.

Regardless, I agree with the idea of removing towers from Infantry Only servers. Having only one way up makes it pretty easy to defend if you know what you are doing, and you can't just hit it from above with aircraft.

Comment

Alternately: Keep towers and make them able to be demolished with satchel charges.

Comment

Working...
        X