X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chernarus Wasteland F.A.Q

1. Where do I find it?
    We provide a launcher for you, which downloads the required mods as well as list the servers. Download the mods, double click on the server you want to play on.
    Launcher URL: www.a3cdn.com.
    Note: Make sure the path to your Arma 3 directory is correct prior to downloading mods to avoid having them unpacked to the wrong directory.

There's a beta of a newer version of the launcher available. If you want to help us out by testing it, go here: http://inchshare.net/skype.html

2. Mod downloads disabled on server?
    The downloads are most likely still enabled and available. This message may be shown when you haven't set your path to Arma 3 correctly in the Launcher settings. Please verify your settings and check Twitter to see if downloads have been disabled.

3. The download speed is low, what can I do?
    The content delivery network has nodes all over the world, but with that said, download speeds may vary depending on how many concurrent downloads there are from your area.

4. The launcher crashes, what can I do?
    Since this is a new application of ours, it's bound to be bugs here and there.
    If you get a crash when starting the launcher, go and remove the settings.xml found here:
    "%appdata%\WS Launcher" i.e. C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\WS Launcher\

For other launcher crashes, you can really help us by providing us with logs, and the logs can be found here:
    "%appdata%\WS Launcher\Logs" i.e. C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\WS Launcher\Logs

5. Launcher crashed during download, is it possible for the launcher to resume the crashed download?
    No, not as of now.

6. I have everything downloaded, but Arma doesn't start when I double click the server I want to join.
    Make sure the path to your Arma 3 directory is correct. Also, if this happens, and you already downloaded the mods through the launcher, make sure to move them from where they were unpacked to, to your real Arma 3 directory.

7. I get instantly kicked when I try to join the Chernarus Wasteland servers through the launcher.
    The most frequent cause of this is due to the required mods are corrupted and need to be reinstalled.
    Also, make sure the mods needed are actually activated by going to Configure -> Expansions.

8. I've encounted a bug, what do I do?
    We love feedback, and the best way to make sure we actually get it and can iron them out, as well as get a good overview of them, is to post them here:
    https://forums.arma.su/bugtracker/
    Don't get discouraged by all the input fields and drop-downs, if you get something wrong we'll edit them if needed.

9. I have a suggestion for a new feature/change/tweak, what do I do?
    We love feedback, and the best way to make sure we actually get it is to post them here:
    https://forums.arma.su/bugtracker/
    Don't get discouraged by all the input fields and drop-downs, if you get something wrong we'll edit them if needed.

10. A lot of new weapons and attachments, what goes on what weapon?
    RoidRage made a good weapon guide, you'll find it here: https://forums.arma.su/forum/main-ca...-weapons-guide
    Alternative guide from Jv4N: https://forums.arma.su/forum/main-ca...guide-v0-0-0-5

11. Since the update to the new map pack the game freezes when approaching/viewing certain towns.
    Every town that has one of those big silo structures like the one in Cherno or at the Solnichy factory causes the crash and there's an hotfix out for it.
    You need to install the hotfix for the map pack and here's a quick and dirty guide. http://pastebin.com/LCnECbZn

(This F.A.Q will continue to be updated until it covers most of what's going on)
    Last edited by Tuhwin; 29-03-15, 20:58.
    Tuhwin - EPM Gaming

Why not add a how-to for manual instalation of AiA:TP?

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
      Why not add a how-to for manual instalation of AiA:TP?

The only way that we officially provide and can give proper support on is through the launcher.
      Tuhwin - EPM Gaming

Comment

I had trouble with signed keys. I already had the All In Arma Terrian pack. I had it in two spots, though. One in the main directory and one in the directory where playwithSIX puts everything, which is in My Documents. So the My Documents copy was updated yesterday. The main directory one did not. I copy/pasted the files from the updated one to the Main Directory. Before the change, I could not access the Chernarus servers. What would happen was a simple CONNECTING FAILED. Afterward, I got a message that tells me that I need updated keys for three particular pbo's. Those are Chernarus_summer, Chernaurus_summer_c.pbo, and misc_c.pbo.

Any ideas?

Thanx.

Comment

If you read what I wrote just above your post, if you already had it - plus merged it with another copy you had - and did not download it through the launcher god knows what's wrong with it.
          Tuhwin - EPM Gaming

Comment

Hello, all!

I have an issue when starting up Chernarus Wasteland. I get past the lobby, choosing my team and all, and about 75% through the bar progressing, my game crashes with a Windows error.

Any suggestions? c;

Comment

Same prob.

Comment

2. The download speed is low, what can I do?
                The content delivery network has nodes all over the world, but with that said, download speeds may vary depending on how many concurrent downloads there are from your area.

As an alternative to downloading the mods required through the launcher, there are official torrents provided by us and they may provide you with better download speeds.

Well.. You might wanna update that cause it clearly doesn't work, I've download via torrent and tried renaming them to the ones launcher want to install and no luck. The launcher dont want these torrent files and forces me to re-download them again. ..

But since none of the staff have replied to the guys above me i take that they will not read or reply this ether.
                Last edited by brutal; 12-02-15, 04:19.

Comment

Originally posted by brutal View Post

As an alternative to downloading the mods required through the launcher, there are official torrents provided by us and they may provide you with better download speeds.

Well.. You might wanna update that cause it clearly doesn't work, I've download via torrent and tried renaming them to the ones launcher want to install and no luck. The launcher dont want these torrent files and forces me to re-download them again. ..

But since none of the staff have replied to the guys above me i take that they will not read or reply this ether.
                  A really nice attitude you have when people are offering a great (and expensive) service for free, just so we can play the mission in the easiest way possible.
                  And it works fine, so you are clearly doing something wrong then. Have you added a "version.txt" in @TheModYouTorrented\addons\ directory as an example?

Comment

Originally posted by brutal View Post

The torrents do work, you're clearly doing it wrong!

Download the torrents, extract the zips so you're left with a @mod folder, move that WHOLE folder to your Arma 3 Root directory, thats the place with your arma3.exe inside of it. Once its moved across ensure that the @mod folder has a version.txt inside of it, im sure it does if its from our torrent link but better to be safe than sorry.

Once you've done that open the launcher and if it detects the @mods folders you've installed the mods correctly.

Now you can use the launcher to join our servers or do it yourself via any other method but if you're not using the launcher please make sure you add in the -mod= startup paramater to your game.

Comment

I used the torrent you guys provided to download wsmaps. But when I try to extract it, it says that the file is corrupted. I deleted the file and downloaded it again through the torrent, and it said the same thing. What is that about?

Comment

spastikhaaawwaaawk, what are you using to extract it? Winrar worked fine for me. If another unzipper doesnt work then it must be the file but you don't need to re-download the file, you can check the torrent using your bittorrent client by right-clicking and select "force recheck" or something similar. If it comes up 100% then it is guaranteed to be exactly the same file as everyone else with no errors and therefore something else is at fault such as your hard drive

Comment

Originally posted by EPM Cortez View Post

The torrents do work, you're clearly doing it wrong!

Download the torrents, extract the zips so you're left with a @mod folder, move that WHOLE folder to your Arma 3 Root directory, thats the place with your arma3.exe inside of it. Once its moved across ensure that the @mod folder has a version.txt inside of it, im sure it does if its from our torrent link but better to be safe than sorry.

Once you've done that open the launcher and if it detects the @mods folders you've installed the mods correctly.

Now you can use the launcher to join our servers or do it yourself via any other method but if you're not using the launcher please make sure you add in the -mod= startup paramater to your game.

Is there a possibility that this could be inserted in FAQ #2? And also update the launcher "Announcements": You should add a link to this FAQ. (there is no clear explaination what to do with these torrents after they're downloaded).

The announcements say "We strongly recommend users ensure the launcher is on the latest update (0.0.1.4). We'll be releasing (0.0.1.5) soon previous 1.4 versions WONT be supported." but this is outdated, as 0.0.1.5 is already released.

Could it be possible to have the mods in a seperate folder as the CCGLauncher does? I have all my mods in a folder called ArmaMods instead of putting them in the game root map but the WS Launcher forces me to put them in the root map. And scalable window for the launcher?

Comment

Originally posted by Fluo View Post
                            Is there a possibility that this could be inserted in FAQ #2? And also update the launcher "Announcements": You should add a link to this FAQ. (there is no clear explaination what to do with these torrents after they're downloaded).
                            I've added it.
                            Tuhwin - EPM Gaming

Comment

Just wondering how this works, do I install all of the mods? http://prntscr.com/7m5g6c ... Also, is this the correct place to put the files? C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

Comment

Working...
                              X