X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS Launcher (Beta)

Hi all,

We're pleased to announce the upcoming release of our Launcher.

This will include a server browser, built in mod downloader for all the mods we are planning on using in our missions. We'll also be able to deliver news directly to you on your desktop as and when we update anything.

As some of you are aware we've been working on our own Content Delivery Network compiled of over 25 servers around the world in specific geo-location critical areas.
    This includes, New York, Dallas, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Beauharnois CA, Roubiax and Strasbourg France, Perth and Sydney Australia.

To download this now click the below (Stable):

BETA BRANCH: https://www.a3cdn.com/launcher/downl...aller_Beta.exe

Requirements:
    You are required to have .Net 4.0. Installed.
    A valid copy of ArmA 3... on Steam.

Virus Total Results (Stable):
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2...is/1436901534/

Yotti Malware Scan(Stable):
    http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanre...eee8e8535f84a5

By downloading and installing you Agree that;
    • This comes with no warranties, express or implied. In no event shall the owner be liable for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages in connection with or arising out of the performance or use.
    This comes in a installation wrapper which will allow you to specify the install location as you so choose.

What then...?

If you wish to start downloading the mods we're going to use early, it's recommended that you first set your ArmA 3 install path. This is located under "Settings".
    Once done, select "Downloads". Allow the files to download and extract. A Green version number will show that the required files are up-to-date, Red will indicate that an update has been released and you should download/install/update.

Common Problems or Questions.

For a detailed question and answer thread proceed to: https://forums.arma.su/forum/main-ca...asteland-f-a-q

Anti-Virus Auto Sandboxing. If when you go to "Settings" and the default downloads path does not exist it is more than likely you have software on your machine preventing the creation of this and some sort of Sandboxed Redirect occurred. You should allow the application in your AV and or exclude it from Auto Sandboxing.

What if I already have All In ArmA downloaded and setup?
    You should be good to go, if you want the launcher to recognise this you can place a version.txt file in the addons folder e.g. \steamapps\common\Arma 3\@AllInArmaTerrainPack\addons\ within this file you should enter ‘0.0.0.3’ without the quotes.

What if I already have the hlcmods installed?
    Do not attempt to manipulate this like the above, we’ve also added our custom weapons within the same directory.

My versions under 'Downloads' shows 0.0.0.0 why?
    This is caused by you probably not having the correct ArmA 3 Path set under 'Settings'. If this was the cause, all mods would have been installed under the default path of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 cut/paste them to the correct location! Again ensure that you set the correct ArmA 3 path in 'Settings' in future.

I double click a server on the browser, nothing happens...?
    Your ArmA 3 path has not been set correctly. Set this under 'Settings'.

I join a server and get instantly kicked back to the server browser?
    Make sure your ArmA 3 path is set correctly. Also you should check to make sure that the mod folders are inside your ArmA 3 install. @AllinArma and @WSWeapons.

Server Owners

Why is my server not showing on the server browser, even though I installed the free mission/mod through one of your recommended Game Service Providers?
    At the moment we class the current build of the Launcher as "unstable", thus the thread title (Beta). We will eventually allow users to submit a request to have their server listed as and when the application is deemed stable.

You will be required to have an active forums account here, with a valid email address, and have at least 10 posts to show that you're an active part of the community for contact purposes.
    At any point once accepted and added, if you should change the mission you're using without providing 24 hours notice, your account will be suspended and IP/Port Blacklisted. This is only for King of the Hill and Wasteland By Sa-Matra Servers.

I found or bug or it crashed!

Please submit all bug reports here: https://forums.arma.su/bugtracker

Finally all of us here wish to express our thanks to all parties involved in getting this project off the ground. See "Credits" tab for more information.

Mod Credits,
    AllInArma by Kju over at http://www.patreon.com/PvPsceneWorkshop
    Todies Weapon packs: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ions-for-Arma3
    http://inchshare.net/

Please do not message me regarding ban appeals, all appeals are generally dealt with within 12 hours.

Launcher Rolling Changelog.

• Added support for automatic detection of Mission type. Meaning -mod= parameters will be automatically passed to the game on startup.
    • Added Cherno test server to 'Server Browser'.
    • Weapon Pack and Map Pack Changes.
    • Extracted Weapon pack changed to @WSWeapons to prevent conflicts with other hlc packs. Version updated to 0.0.0.3.
    • Map Pack bug found, and fixed, old signature files were bugging out the ArmA Engine causing the Error "Session lost". Updated, Version 0.0.0.3.
    • Updated Announcements and Changelog sources (disabled caching client side).
    • Fixed Launch Arguments under "Settings" this should no longer add random variables on the end of @AllInArmATerrainPack when you launch thus breaking.
    • Added auto version checking on the "Downloads" page, this means every 60 minutes if you leave the application open it will ask our services if their was a new update.
    • Fixed bug where users might accidentally clear their Applications path under "Mods / Downloads Path, Arma Path" by clicking the 'Browse' button but not changing anyway. Cancel now works as intended.
    0.0.0.6/7
    • Added logging of Launcher Errors to log file located here: C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\WS Launcher\Logs if you crash and have one upload it to our bug tracker.
    • Added donation button to help support the ever growing cost of our infrastructure.
    • Fixed Launcher not restarting when users accept a new update.
    • Disabled download buttons when you already have an active download (no more spam for you).
    • Disabled download buttons when you're up-to-date.
    • Swiftly removed the system that could delete other copies of AiA, sorry about this.
    • Added a slightly more interactive notification under "Downloads" now will show in clear text if you're up-to-date or not.
    • Cleaned up logging %AppData%a\Roaming\WS Launcher\Logs
    • Fixed issue with Max Ram Settings.
    • Fixed an issue Max V Ram Settings.
    • Fixed an issue with additionalParams.
    • Fixed the launcher crashing while downloading.
    • Changed the layout of the serverlist.
    • Added settings in to allow or disallow file downloading.
    • Changed webClient userAgent
    • If a users internet times out, the launcher should resume the download, unless the timeout limit is reached.
    • Added Secure Socket Layer support to remove false positive detection's by some Anti Virus and Web Filtering Platforms; for example for those on Virgin Media.
    • Added new web assembly to the Launcher, this fixes script and display issues on the Twitter section.
    • Fixed several crashes.
    • Fixed a crash related to the settings.xml
    • Added 'on click' event for the Twitter window. (You can now click stuff HUZZAH)
    • Added progress window for launcher updates
    • Added Button to launch ARMA3
    • Fixed the Vilayer link
    • Added tool-tips to explain downloads path
    • Added check-box to close the Launcher when joining a server
    • Added background glow / boarder
    • Added tool-tip to explain the 'Auto Close' option
    • Added prompt letting users know that the downloads have been disabled
    • Added RHS Pre-load option, ready for an up coming update!
    • Reduced overall size of the map data, and renamed to @WSMaps to prevent conflicts with other mods.
    • Fixed a bug with the preload option on RHS, and other downloads
    • Fixed a UI issue on 'Credits'
    • Fixed units measurement on downloads
    • Renamed "RHS Assets" preload button to the standard naming scheme 'Install/Update'
    • Enabled the mod alg string addition of @WSRHS e.g. [email protected]
    • Reconfigured download strings to reduce server side load, hopefully this'll prevent downloads from crashing.
    • Added check box under "Settings" to enable DragonFyreLITE on launch if you have it installed already.
    • Added IP Capturing on Launcher for Support purposes between Support and Users having issues.
    • Fixed several crashes.
    • Fixed false positive warning "Downloads are not enabled on the server" when user didn't have a valid Arma 3 path.
    • ​Extended Additional Parameters text box.
    • Removed incomplete search field on Server List.
    • Implemented Delta Patching (no more having to download everything again).
    • Cleaned up and removed old code. Removed several hundred lines of code and shortened it; resulting in better efficiency
    • Cleaned Up UI Elements.
    • Fix a bug where the visioning information of mods was accidentally deleted when pressing Verify.
    • Added several mods for download, BattleRoyale and ArmA 3 Epoch, including the option for users to download and install JSRS LITE Sound Mod.
    • Added quick drop-down under Settings to select a Mod to Launch with.
    • Removed some old legacy UI elements and renamed some stuff!
    • Removed broken legacy code.
    • Removed legacy Server browser, replaced with anew. (Less spam, no more white spaces).
    • Repackaged the binary to limit external calls.
    Known Bugs:
    • Server list problems due to bug in code.
    • Auto Update broken, fix being deployed although it means you'll have to reinstall. https://a3cdn.com
    • Re-done server browser wrote our own custom library.
    • Fixed auto update
    • Split mods into subsections.
    • Updated installer.msi to over-write previous builds.
    • Fixed format issue for some addons clipping with their object boxes
    • Fixed minor auto updater typo
    • Added WSPatch
    • Added @WSPatch to startup params for Chernarus
    • Fixed DragonFyreLite and other mods not adding a separator on the launch string when starting
    • Added auto detection of Esseker
    • Added Refresh Server list option on right click
    0.0.2.5/6
    • Added Launch options for modded gun game by Sa-Matra
    • Fixed Launch bug with additional mods e.g. sound mods
    • Changed Server list, no longer sticks in a refresh loop if a server sends a malformed packet
    • Better managing of server queries to prevent loss of data
    • Changed refresh on the data-grid, it should insert into the table alot cleaner now (less white screens)
    • Fixes issue where the query ignored servers with zero players
    • Fixed mod launch option of DragonFyre randomly launching incorrectly due to a typo
    • Updated End User Terms and Conditions
    • Added complete server list support for BattleRoyale you can now join BattleRoyale servers from our server list without needing to enable it manually!
    • Added check to display if servers were locked or not, particularly for BattleRoyale
    • Fixed a bug with the server filter (typo)
    • Added in Steam Workshop integration for the mods we use.
    • Updated links to Steam Workshop for Epoch
    • Added/updated Esseker and CUP Weapons sources these are now linked to the owners Steam Workshop items.
    0.0.3.7(Current)
    • Fixed a bug with the updater, where users could click "Yes" or "No" before the Launcher update had fully downloaded thus erroring.
    All Future changelog updates will now be published here only: https://a3cdn.com/launcher-changelog.html

Don't forget to follow the main Launcher Developers below:

Once again thanks to the other members of our team,

Cortez, Launcher Developer
    Pwnoz0r, Launcher Developer

Vapidsquid Launcher Developer
    Sa-Matra, Mission Dev
    myzteriouz_1, Network Lead
    Black Abbot from Code4 Gaming

... more to come.

Please do not message me regarding ban appeals, all appeals are generally dealt with within 12 hours.

Comment

Are there any Chernarus servers up right now?
      Last edited by Redland123; 30-12-14, 20:56.

Comment

Working on it this very moment Redland, I'll update my second post when the test server is on.
        *edit* Something is broke might need another day to fix this, trying to figure out what.

Comment

yay thx .. got all down ... need only server to test on

Comment

Originally posted by Inch View Post
            Working on it this very moment Redland, I'll update my second post when the test server is on.
            *edit* Something is broke might need another day to fix this, trying to figure out what.

Comment

Downloaded and ready!
              ================================================== ======================
              B-Team Sa-Matra Wasteland Comedic/Entertaining Highlight Videos Posted on Our Facebook Page!
              https://www.facebook.com/arma3bteam
              Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so we know we're doing something right!

Comment

I used to play so much wasteland on codefourgaming servers, and I cant wait to see how this pans out. downloading as we speak, hopefully a test server will be up or something.

Im more than willing to help bugtest/stresstest

Comment

Ok so no option to update to ver 0.4 and get this error when try to update map pack as it is now red?

Problem signature:
                  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
                  Problem Signature 01: wasteland launcher.exe
                  Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.3
                  Problem Signature 03: 54a22721
                  Problem Signature 04: SevenZipSharp
                  Problem Signature 05: 0.64.3890.29348
                  Problem Signature 06: 4c766998
                  Problem Signature 07: 22
                  Problem Signature 08: 13
                  Problem Signature 09: SevenZip.SevenZipArchive
                  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
                  Locale ID: 2057
                  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
                  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
                  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
                  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
                  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
                  Last edited by THE RUSSIA; 31-12-14, 14:51.

Comment

Originally posted by THE RUSSIA View Post
                    Ok so no option to update to ver 0.4 and get this error when try to update map pack as it is now red?

Problem signature:
                    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
                    Problem Signature 01: wasteland launcher.exe
                    Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.3
                    Problem Signature 03: 54a22721
                    Problem Signature 04: SevenZipSharp
                    Problem Signature 05: 0.64.3890.29348
                    Problem Signature 06: 4c766998
                    Problem Signature 07: 22
                    Problem Signature 08: 13
                    Problem Signature 09: SevenZip.SevenZipArchive
                    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
                    Locale ID: 2057
                    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
                    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
                    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
                    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
                    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The Map Pack 0.0.0.4 is not live at the moment, I suspect this is linked to it failing to download.

Comment

Originally posted by Inch View Post
                      The Map Pack 0.0.0.4 is not live at the moment, I suspect this is linked to it failing to download.
                      ok cool I see you've added the not released txt ;-)

FWIW launcher is now re-dling the map pack and weapon pack wtf!!???

Comment

The launcher does not recognize the weapon pack. I have downloaded it (@WSWeapons v0.0.0.2 in Arma 3 folder) but the launcher says I have 0.0.0.0.

Comment

Originally posted by THE RUSSIA View Post

ok cool I see you've added the not released txt ;-)

FWIW launcher is now re-dling the map pack and weapon pack wtf!!???
                          I'm afriad so, the compile of these were was (annoyingly).

@uber, just open up @WSWeapons\addons, and change the version.txt to 0.0.0.3

Comment

Also Uber, make sure your ArmA 3 path is correct!!!

Comment

ArmA 3 path is correct, I'll chance it to 0.0.0.3.

I will report back with more as I find it.

BTW: I love the simplicity of the launcher and the download speed is great too.

Comment

Working...
                              X